So the 2013 Oscars have been and gone and boy was it a show! We here at the Eventa office were buzzing before the event (it gets us just as excited as Christmas party season!) and we couldn’t wait to get home, settle down on the sofa in our pyjamas, stuff ourselves with bad food and clutch our own fake plastic Oscars in celebration.
O.K. maybe not everybody watched the Academy Awards like that but I certainly did! In fact, I won best actress for my role in the 2012 Christmas email marketing campaign and I wore a rather fetching fuzzy dressing gown by none other than the talented Dorothy Perkins (with matching slippers – of course!)
All silliness aside though, it was a great show and many brilliant actors & actresses who won really deserved their award(s). Anyway if you didn’t catch it and you only want to know who the winners are then have a gander below…
- Best Picture: Argo
- Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis, Lincoln
- Actress: Jennifer Lawrence, Silver Linings Playbook
- Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz, Django Unchained
- Supporting Actress: Anne Hathaway, Les Miserables
- Directing: Ang Lee, Life of Pi
- Foreign Language Film: Amour
- Adapted Screenplay: Chris Terrio, Argo
- Original Screenplay: Quentin Tarantino, Django Unchained
- Animated Feature Film: Brave
- Production Design: Lincoln
- Cinematography: Life of Pi
- Sound Mixing: Les Miserables
- Sound Editing (tie): Skyfall, Zero Dark Thirty
- Original Score: Life of Pi, Mychael Danna.
- Original Song: “Skyfall” from Skyfall, Adele Adkins and Paul Epworth.
- Costume: Anna Karenina.
- Documentary Feature: Searching for Sugar Man.
- Documentary (short subject): Inocente
- Film Editing: Argo
- Makeup and Hairstyling: Les Miserables
- Animated Short Film: Paperman
- Live Action Short Film: Curfew
- Visual Effects: Life of Pi
Well done everyone! Ah I wish I got an invite… Still, invite or not it doesn’t mean that I can’t throw my own Hollywood red carpet party!
So if (like me) you fancy throwing a high class, Academy Award worthy event this year – then we can help! After all we are Oscar party mad here at Eventa HQ and (if I’m invited) I promise I won’t wear my fuzzy slippers!